[TYPO3-english] TMENU custom item sort (order)

Mario Sargac sargac at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 01:40:33 CET 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to manually order menu items, which are
currently automatically ordered by page id. I have a following situation:

------- CODE START --------
# Menu 1 cObject
lib.menu_1 = HMENU
lib.menu_1.excludeUidList = 2,15
# First level menu-object, textual
lib.menu_1.1 = TMENU
lib.menu_1.1 {
   # Normal state properties
   NO.allWrap.cObject = CASE
   NO.allWrap.cObject {
     key.field = uid
     default = TEXT
     default.value =  <li> | </li>
     # id of the last page
     14 = TEXT
     14.value = <li class="last"> | </li>
   }
   NO.stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
   # Enable active state and set properties:
   ACT = 1
   ACT.stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
   ACT.allWrap.cObject = CASE
   ACT.allWrap.cObject {
     key.field = uid
     default = TEXT
     default.value =  <li class="selected"> | </li>
     # id of the last page
     14 = TEXT
     14.value = <li class="last selected"> | </li>
   }
}
I've excluded 2 pages from menu and now I have items sorted by their UIDs:
8,9,10,13,14

Is there a way to sort the menu items in custom order, like this:
9,8,13,10,14

while preserving the page sorting in the backend?

Best,
Mario