[TYPO3-english] XML Problem whitespace

Tomas Norre Mikkelsen tomasnorre at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 19:30:27 CET 2010

On 25-11-2010 19:18, Tomas Norre Mikkelsen wrote:
> Some idiot perhaps me, had committed a temp_* file to svn, before
> disabled the cache. This is perfekt, because i can see that the old
> temp_* files all contains whitespace after ?> so the must be a
> rendering-bug somewhere in my stuff.
>
> Then the is just, search for it, Any hints on how to debug for something
> which is not there =)

I have located the issue to this problem:

In my typo3conf/localconf.php i have:
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT']['extCache'] = '0';

When this is set to '0' my extension are not cached, i have used this
option because of a problem with tt_news and caching.

When switching this to '1' my whitespace in the top of my view-source
both for xml and html disappear.

Pretty interresting, now the problem is... where does this whitespace
come from when disabling cache??

/Tomas