[TYPO3-english] Upload file extension tutorial

Brian Hauge Hansen b.hansen at mobilethink.com
Sun Nov 21 22:23:12 CET 2010

Hi everbody

Does somebody know a good tutorial that explains how file upload can be created for a frontend extension?

I have found the fileupload extension, that does this. And I have thought about using the logic from this extension for my upload handler. But I still don't know how to make the actual form in my extension.

The function to display the upload form in the extension fileupload looks like this:

function displayUploadForm(){
$content = $this->cObj->cObjGetSingle($this->conf['uploadformcObject'],$this->conf['uploadformcObject.']);
$content = str_replace("###STATUS###",(empty($this->status) ? "" : array_pop($this->status)),$content);
return $content;
}

But usually I have made the input fields like this:

$this->pi_getLL('submit_title_label').":|".$this->prefixId."[title]=input|".$this->pi_getLL('submit_input_field')."||

So actually what I need is a bit more understanding about how forms are made for the frontend in extensions.

Best Regards
Brian Hauge Hansen