[TYPO3-english] multidomain, alias and google

Mauro Lorenzutti mauro.lorenzutti at webformat.com
Tue Nov 16 10:37:37 CET 2010

Hi all,

we currently have a single TYPO3 multidomain installation. A lot of
different domains are pointing to this TYPO3 and it shows the right page
tree based on the requested domain, no content duplication!

At apache level, we have a single vhost with a lot of aliases to make it
possible to point a lot of domains to the same TYPO3 installation.

My question is: does google dislike this configuration? I mean: does
google dislike the use of a lot of aliases in a single vhost even if
there's no content duplication? A consultant told me that google
deprecated the use of aliases and banns the sites that use them...

Thank you in advance for any answer you may give me!

Bye,
--

Mauro Lorenzutti

CTO / Software Architect
mauro.lorenzutti at webformat.com
Tel.   +39-0427-926.389

WEBFORMAT srl -- www.webformat.com
Via S. Francesco d'Assisi, 6 -- 20122 MILANO
Corte Europa, 12 - 33097 Spilimbergo (PORDENONE)

TYPO3 Certified Integrator