[TYPO3-english] Newbie in Typo3 trying desperately to install it in Xampp

Mari Cruz Garcia Vallejo maricruz_garcia at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 8 18:02:50 CET 2010

Hello everybody and greetings from- a very wet !- Scotland.

My name is Mari Cruz Garc'ia  and I am new in Typo3, although I have collaborated in other Open Source projects such as Sloodle or Mahara.

I use Ubuntu 9.04 as a 0S and I usually install every development site (Drupal, Mahara, etc) as a virtual host as I explain here: http://wiki.mahara.org/System_Administrator%27s_Guide/Installing_Mahara/How_to_install_Mahara_in_Ubuntu  My nickname is aricia, so maybe you know me from other open source projects with that name.

However,  I decided to install xampp to avoid the tedious process I described in the link every time that I want to test new CMS.

Installation of Xampp was OK. I follow the instructions in the

	Kasper' s "Getting Started" guide, as the instructions in the wiki are valid only if you only valid if you only run 1 site as localhost.

1) I download and extracted the introductionpackage-4.4.4zip at opt/lamp/htdocs.
2) I stop-obviously- the Mysql and apache servers *with:

sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 stop
sudo /etc/init.d/mysql stop

this is because I have another installation of Mysql and apache.

and run  sudo ./lampp start

3) then, in the browser address I type: http://localhost.typo3_4/quickstart

everything works fine until I have to type the username and password for the database. I use the same that for the Mysql server located at: etc/mysql.

But it tells me that it cannot connect with the database. I try leaving in blank the username and password, but I still have the same problem.

4) I open a terminal and type mysql getting the following error message:

"ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)"

and here is when the nightmare starts:

I have tried every single solution that appear in the Ubuntu and Mysql fora when you type that error message but it doesn't work,

Some of solutions I have tried:

1) the mysqld.sock file does not exit either at /var/run/mysqld so I created it manually (a blank file, I am not sure if about what it should contain that file).

2) I have two my.cnf files:

/etc/mysql/my.cnf

/opt/lampp/etc/my.cnf

In the file /opt/lampp/etc/my.cnf I have tried different options explained in the ubuntu fora , such as:

change port address to 3307, or replace  socket        = /opt/lampp/var/mysql/mysql.sock

with only /var/mysql/mysql.sock but then I cannot launch phpmyadm from xampp.

I don't know if it is of any help but this is what I get in the  opt/lampp/var/mysql/mcgarcia-laptop.err:

101108 16:52:43 mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /opt/lampp/var/mysql/mcgarcia-laptop.pid ended
101108 16:52:50 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /opt/lampp/var/mysql
101108 16:52:50 [Note] Plugin 'FEDERATED' is disabled.
101108 16:52:50 [ERROR] Can't open shared library 'libpbxt.so' (errno: 0 API version for STORAGE ENGINE plugin is too different)
101108 16:52:50 [Warning] Couldn't load plugin named 'PBXT' with soname 'libpbxt.so'.
101108 16:52:50  InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 44233
101108 16:52:50 [Note] Event Scheduler: Loaded 0 events
101108 16:52:50 [Note] /opt/lampp/sbin/mysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '5.1.41'  socket: '/opt/lampp/var/mysql/mysql.sock'  port: 3306  Source distribution

I also get the following message when I lauch sudo ./lampp start:

Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/opt/lampp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/msql.so' - /opt/lampp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/msql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Sorry for this long email, but I would like to ask you:

- Does any of you have managed to run Typo3 in xampp.

- How can I create the Typo3 database from xampp?

Thank you very much for your help