[TYPO3-english] Multi level section index as unordered list / HMENU

Paul Vetch paul.vetch at kcl.ac.uk
Sun Nov 7 16:24:29 CET 2010

?Evening all,

We're trying to build a multi-level numbered section menu / ToC.  There is a
great snippet for doing this on TYPO3wizard --

http://www.typo3wizard.com/en/snippets/cool-stuff-typoscript/numbered-sectionindex-based-on-header-layout.html

(this is also similar without the enumeration: )
http://www.typo3wizard.com/en/snippets/menus/section-index-with-individual-css-styles.html

 - These work fine, but we need output as a unordered list to two or three
levels which can't be done from the above snippet because it can't cope with
the wraps that are necessary.  I know it's possible to build an HMENU from
conceivably any data in the TYPO3 DV but I can't see how it would be
possible to set this up so that the data output at different 'levels' of an
HMENU would correspond to the value of the 'header_layout' field.

Very grateful to hear from anyone who has managed this, done something
similar, or has any useful suggestions ;)

Thanks

Paul