[TYPO3-english] Error message class.t3lib_db.php line 704

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Nov 6 23:05:51 CET 2010

Hi,

On 6-11-2010 18:51, J. Schaller wrote:
> when logged in the backend of Typo3 4.4.4, I'm getting a couple of
> these errors:
>
> Core: Error handler (FE): PHP Warning: mysql_real_escape_string()
> expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in
> /typo3_src-4.4.4/t3lib/class.t3lib_db.php line 704
>
> Does anyone know what this might be and what should I do to
> troubleshoot it? Thanks for any help (I'm not a programmer)!

This "parameter 2" is supposed to be the database resource object. If
that is a "boolean" there is not database connection (yet). The error
was caused by another script which called the t3lib_db::fullQuoteStr()
function. Unfortunately the warning message you put in your posting
doesn't state which script called this function, so it's hard to say
more about the cause.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert