[TYPO3-english] [SOLVED] RE: CoolURI + Macina Banners

Guus Leeuw Jr guus.leeuw at itpassion.com
Sat Nov 6 09:46:49 CET 2010

Hello,

I now have a user function that translates the macinabanner uid into its
url, and then passes that into the general link generation that is normally
the default <pagepath> config for CoolURI.
I will polish this, and stick it into a new extension
(ITP_CoolMacinaBannerURI) so that one can download and incorporate into
one's own websites...

Couple of remarks:
1) This will only work for Image type Macina Banners (which will be checked
against (macinabanner type = 0). If HTML (2) or Flash (1), one shouldn't use
this extension;
2) Quite possibly, the click counting (from Macina Banner) might not work
anymore. Maybe I'll have a look at this, but for me (running only internal
advert banners), it is not really important at this point.

The only thing the end-user has to configure in CoolUriConf.xml is:
    <part>
        <parameter>tx_macinabanners_pi1[banneruid]</parameter>
        <userfunc>tx_coolmacinabanneruri->getPageTitleForBanner</userfunc>
    </part>

Dunno when it will be finished, but I'll start developing it tomorrow AM.
(Can't imagine it taking a long time, but you never know)

Regards,
Guus