[TYPO3-english] how to develop extension?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Nov 5 15:16:27 CET 2010

Hi,

> Then I discovered a warning from extension manager, saying that there are
> differences between installed and recent version.
>
> So I wonder, what is the recommended way to develop extension?
> ... and is there a tool available, to create those t3x-files?

This is not related to the T3X files, it's related to information found
at the bottom of the ext_emconf.php file (the
"_md5_values_when_last_written" information). This contains hashes for
all files in the extension. So it's only normal that - as you develop
your extension - those values should not match anymore.

When you upload your extension to the TER, the hashes are calculated
again and you get a clean ext_emconf.php file again (and no warnings
anymore in the EM).

You can also manually force a re-calculation of those hashes, by
clicking on your extension in the EM and then choosing "Backup/delete"
from the drop-down menu at the top. In the screen that gets displayed
then, you have an option called "Update EM_CONF". Click on the link and
that should do the job.

HTH

--

Francois Suter