[TYPO3-english] redirect extension?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Nov 3 09:20:01 CET 2010

Hi!

Douglas La Farge wrote:
> So how do we allow our client to make up urls and then have them redirect to an existing  (typo3) page?

Why do you need that? This sounds like a very strange idea to me. I realize
there can be various cases, this is why I ask.

Probably, you can do better than using TYPO3 for redirects. Using TYPO3 for
that is really bad, see here why:
http://dmitry-dulepov.com/article/redirects-typo3-and-realurl-vs-mod-rewrite.html

What you can try is to use rewrite maps. This way you will not need to edit
.htaccess or Apache config but the rewrite map file.

If you still want a TYPO3 solution, you may want to contact Sonja Scholz. I
think she had an extension for that. But again, I strongly advice against
it. You are going to use a heavy truck for a 10 meter walk...

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member