[TYPO3-english] Problems with alternative site language

Typoq typoq at krautcomputing.eu
Sun May 30 12:47:01 CEST 2010

Hi *,

hope someone can give me a hint how to solve my problem.

I use Typo3 4.2.12. Although I am planning to create a multilingual site in
the future I am currently only using the default language (english). I've
already prepared the template setup to be able to handle additional
languages in the future. I have not yet created any translations and there
is no "Language" entry in the drop down if I choose a page in the backend.
The weird thing is that I can use a browser to open a page like
http://my.webdomain.com/index.php?id=19&L=1 and it will return the default
version although it should not. This works for some pages but not for all
pages. Since I have not used "New --> Website Language" these "translated"
pages should not exist anyway.
How can I get rid of this behavior? Since I could not find any other
possibility I edited the page properties for every single page and told
Typo3 to "Hide page if no translation for current language exists". This
works but it sure is awkward.

Thanks for your help
Rob