[TYPO3-english] Powermail: send images?

Frank Sonck frank.sonck at freebel.net
Thu May 27 14:18:50 CEST 2010

I want to offer to web visitors the possibility to send a prefab html
mail (with an image in it) to their friends. This is how I want to do it.
1/ User receives a mail from me with an explanation and a link to my
webpage with a powermail form on it
2/ user arrives on the webpage, fills out the powermail form (name,
email) and submits
3/ user receives a thank you mail from the powermail setup, and this mail
is in fact the mail (with the image) that they can simply forward to
their contacts, using their own local email client.

Problem: I can't succeed in sending the image. I tried several things:

- embed the image in the body field of the the thank you mail (sender
tab) via RTE
- embed the image by putting in the html code  (url) via code view of RTE
- putting a html field (with the image url) in the powermail form and
using the referring marker in the thank you mail
- putting ###POWERMAIL_ALL###
- using TYPO3 content element in the powermail form

When testing and receiving the thank you mail, the image is not rendered.
Cause:
the basedomain is cut of, you only have src=3D"fileadmin/blabla
Does anyone know any solution for this problem? I would appreciate any
hint enormously.