[TYPO3-english] o ut of office / Re: TYPO3-english Digest, Vol 80, Issue 44

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Wed May 26 15:48:40 CEST 2010

> Am Wed, 26 May 2010 12:19:53 +0700 schrieb Andreas Becker:
>
>> Please block this address it is spamming with "out of office"
>>

> use a good newsreader. so you can plonk[1] any author.
> And it is his own fault if he gets no answers on his next posting as
> he
> may be ignored from everyone.

You can 'plonk' (drop into a spam box) any user with a normal mail
client aswell,
you don't need a news reader for that.

> and for everyone using mailinglists: this is another example why you
> should use a newsreader. no newsreader sends 'out of office'-messages.

If the world was using news as there message system, then it would do
that to,
and mail wouldn't :)

I think it's important that a mailinglist admin disables this user so
normal day to day
operation of mailing lists can continue. This would in turn help
the user understand the netiquette because when he/she comes back
he would find some of these messages, but no more after some date
and understand he just made a nono. Then he can normally subscribe
again and everybody is happy.

Ries