[TYPO3-english] Frontend database query extension

Ulrich Lorenz PHZ Luzern lorenz.ulrich at phz.ch
Wed May 26 14:33:06 CEST 2010

Hi Peter

> Thanks guys, for the responses, I think the extensions "formidable" and
> "browser" and the most useful to use. Thanks again for your comments!

I recently used Browser - The Frontend Engine for a project. Please keep in mind that with such extensions you're fine as long as you only need to do things that are documented in one of the tutorials. If you need to go beyond or encounter any errors you won't have much of a chance because the extension key is "browser" and you won't have any usable google result.

I found out that filters are only working with relations, not with select boxes.

Now that we have Fluid perhaps you should consider using the "old" Kickstarter and Fluid (without ExtBase). You can set up your table and a frontend plugin in kickstarter and pass over the content to Fluid. If you then use something like Datatables for JQuery (http://www.datatables.net/) you will have your extension working in maybe less time...

Lorenz