[TYPO3-english] DAM not able to create categories from tree folders and question about textextract

Ivano Luberti luberti at archicoop.it
Tue May 25 13:00:07 CEST 2010

Hi all, we have two issues with DAM independent from each other.

I want to thank in advance anyone who wil take the time
to pay attention to this message.

First we have a problem using categories together with indexing.
We have created a folder tree structure like this

Files
 -Documents
  -Type1
	-2010
		- Quarter1
		- Quarter2
		- Quarter3
		- Quarter4
	-2009
		- Quarter1
		- Quarter2
		- Quarter3
		- Quarter4

  -Type2
	-2010
		- Quarter1
		- Quarter2
		- Quarter3
		- Quarter4
	-2009
		- Quarter1
		- Quarter2
		- Quarter3
		- Quarter4

Then we configured and launched the indexing using:
Step 1)
	Choose a folder where the indexing should begin: Documents

Step 2)
	Index Subfolders
 	Categorize files from folder names
	     Create categories based on foldertree if not already present.

	Delete all index data - FOR TESTING ONLY!

We were expecting categories to be created accordingly with the
folder structure and assigned to files with regard to their position in the tree.

Instead we launched the indexing but the progress bar remained empty
and no files were showed as indexed.

However the files were actually indexed because I can see them in the
media browser and looking at them in the Media->File module no warning icon is showed.

The second issue is more a question: we installed the services for extracting text
PDF, excel, docs etc etc .
Are the data extracted at indexing time?
Where they are stored? In the files metadata?
How can I see and use them?

dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
Sede Operativa
Via Gereschi 36 - 56126- Pisa