[TYPO3-english] search dam indexed files

Ivano Luberti luberti at archicoop.it
Tue May 25 12:33:13 CEST 2010

Thanks Lorenz, we installed and tried to use it and we have some
questions, before deciding if we can adopt it.
Don't know if it is better to submit these questions in the DAM mailing
list. I try here for now.

First, is there a time table for adding the ability to search on
multiple words ?

Second: the searchbox plugin is able to search only DAM metadata and
categories or can it use all the indexes generated ? I mean: we have
installed dam extensions to extract text from PDF and other files, but
the searchbox cannot find a word specified in the file, only the ones in
metadata.
The dam_frontend manual says that the easysearch form can search only in
metadata fileds and the fields are configurable at typoscript, but
nothing is said about where the searchbox does its job.

Since it seems that our DAM instance is not propelry indexing files we
are trying to understand if this is a DAM issue or a dam_frontend
searchbox limitation.

Il 21/05/2010 17.40, Ulrich Lorenz PHZ Luzern ha scritto:
> Ciao Ivano
>
> dam_frontend has a basic search (and filter by categories). The search from dam_frontend will soon be improved to handle multiple search words.
>

> Buona serata,
>

> Lorenz

dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
Sede Operativa