[TYPO3-english] parasitic tags <a id="c44"></a>

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Sat May 22 22:34:32 CEST 2010

> I have noticed some parasitic tags like <a id="c44"></a>:
>
> <!--  CONTENT ELEMENT, uid:44/list [begin] -->
> <a id="c44"></a>
> <!--  Plugin inserted: [begin] -->
>
> Do they have any particular meaning?
> How to remove them? It appears strange - they have the id refering to
> content uid and are empty..

Have you ever heard about so called "index menus"?
TYPO3 can generate them for you as a subtype of the sitemap element.
When clicking on a link of that index, it will take you directly to the
indexed content element, which is identified by the "parastic" tag.

By default the "index" checkbox in the "general" tab of the backend forms of
tt_content is set to be checked.
Now you can remove them by setting another default value or deactivating the
checkbox manually.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian