[TYPO3-english] Menu is outputted as text and not as htmlcode?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat May 22 13:18:21 CEST 2010

Morten Kjems wrote:
> When I map my normal menu code everything is outputted as readable text
> and not as html code:

"map" suggests that you use TemplaVoilà. Then you probably have
activated the post-processing option "Pass content through
htmlSpecialChars (HSC)". In recent versions of TemplaVoila you can find
this when you edit an element and then select "Configuration" > "Extra".

If this is not active you might want to check the Global Processing XML
of the DS. After the TypoScript part it should say:

<proc type="array">
	<HSC type="integer">0</HSC>
	<int>0</int>
(...)
</proc>

"1" inside the HSC tag means that htmlSpecialChars is activated.

htmlSpecialChars causes HTML to be printed as readable HTML text.

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert
msn: jigal at xs4all.nl