[TYPO3-english] Workspaces and tt_news

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Sat May 22 09:11:18 CEST 2010

Hi All

We are testing TYPO3 4.4.0beta2 and tt_news 3.0.1

We need to get news articles working in Workspaces, so we created

*a usergroup called - G-news-editor - Members in Workspace*

*Edit Draft (Offline) - Mount: News Record Storage - File Mounts: News File
Resources: Permissions Files: all*

MODULES
------
Web
Web>News Admin
User tools
User tools>Task center
User tools>User settings
User tools>Workspaces

TABLES listing , modify
-----
News
News category

PAGE TYPES
-----
SysFolder

ALLOW EXCLUDEFIELDS
-----

News: xxxx all fields marked for News

*a usergroup called - G-news-reviewer - Reviewers in Workspace - *

*Edit Draft (Offline) - Mount: News Record Storage - File Mounts: News File
Resources: Permissions Files: all*

Same Access List like Editors but can only list tables and not modify tables

*a usergroup called - G-news-publisher - Owner in Workspace*

*Edit Draft (Offline) - Mount: News Record Storage - File Mounts: News File
Resources: Permissions Files: all*

Same Access Lists like Editors

*a user - U-news-editor*
*a user - U-news-reviewer*
*a user - U-news-publisher (owner)*

a workspace  called "W-News"

with *Mountpoint* the "*News Record Storage Page*" where we store all
Categories and news Records
In the tt_news Extension Settings the use of the General Record Storage Page
is disabled.

we also activated the FileMount for the "News File Resources"

-----

*U-news-editor ia a member auf G-news-editor*
*U-news-reviewer ia a member auf G-news-reviewer*
*U-news-publisher ia a member auf G-news-publisher*

We have be_acl installed and entered the following Access Rights

ACL

owner = U-news-publisher: View, Edit, EditPage, NewPages
group = G-news-editor: View, Edit,
Everybody: View,

-----

Attention:
It is not possible however to create a new ACL - we wanted to create
G-news-review: View, Edit but when you save you always get a white screen
and nothing gets saved! Not sure why?

-----

The G-news-editor have Acceslist Settings:

All

=================

Wenn we now access the W-news workspaces with the U-news-editor we have
created before we can even create a new newsarticle and we can see the
categories, but we can't see any news records which are stored in the News
Storage Folder nor can we see the newly created Article after we created it!

When we switch back to Admin we see that the news record was stored in the
right News Record Storage Folder.

Question:

Why can't we see any News records when we are logged into workspaces W-News
but we can see Categories which are stored in the same Folder like the
records?

Andi