[TYPO3-english] tt_news: RSS problem

Lamb, Brian blamb at jcvi.org
Mon May 17 15:04:52 CEST 2010

Greetings list,

I feel like a broken record but I upgrade my tt_news installation this
week and now my RSS feeds don't work anymore. I had the following
TypoScript:

# Configure tt_news to display the xml template
plugin.tt_news {
   displayXML {
     rss2_tmplFile =
cms/fileadmin/template/main/rss_templates/press_rss.tmpl

     # possibile values: rss091 / rss2 / rdf / atom03 / atom1
     xmlFormat = rss2

     xmlTitle = My Site, press releases
     xmlLink = http://www.mywebsite.com <https://owa.jcvi.org/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.mywebsite.com>
     xmlDesc =
     xmlLang = en
     title_stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
     title_stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars.preserveEntities = 1
     subheader_stdWrap.stripHtml = 1
     subheader_stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
     subheader_stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars.preserveEntities = 1
     subheader_stdWrap.crop = 100 | ... | 1
     xmlLimit = 10
     xmlIcon = cms/fileadmin/template/main/images/header-logo.png
   }
}

## This enables the xml news feed
xmlnews = PAGE
xmlnews {
   typeNum = 100

   10 >
   10 < plugin.tt_news
   10.pid_list = 860
   10.categorySelection = 19, 33, 34, 40, 126
   10.code = LATEST
   10.singlePid = 68

   # show only selected categories
   10.categoryMode = 1

   10.defaultCode = XML

   config {
     disableAllHeaderCode = 1
     additionalHeaders = Content-type:text/xml
     no_cache = 1
     xhtml_cleaning = 1
   }
}

When I look at the URL where the feed should be, it just generates HTML
as if I were looking at the tt_news list.

I have included the following static (from extensions):
News settings (tt_news)
News feeds (RSS, RDF, ATOM) (tt_news)

Any thoughts?