[TYPO3-english] Realurl: making .../page = .../page/ = .../page.html

Claudio Strizzolo claudio.strizzolo at ts.nogarb.ageinfn.it
Mon May 17 11:06:16 CEST 2010

Hi Dmitry,
thanks for your reply.

> For SEO purposes you'd better not.

I know this is an issue, thanks for pointing this anyway.
Unfortunately I have received several complaints by users who would like
to be able to reach the intermediate RealURL-made levels of my tree (not
the final .../something.html pages) both with

.../somewhere

and

.../somewhere/

> Make a mod_rewrite rule to redirect all non–slashed pages to redirect to
> slashed.

Good suggestion. Do you know how the above may be integrated in
httpd.conf without causing side effects to Typo3 behaviour?
My current config is as follows:

  <Directory "/somewhere">
    (...)
    RewriteEngine On

    # Stop rewrite processing if we are in the typo3/ directory
    RewriteRule ^/(typo3|typo3temp|typo3conf|t3lib|tslib|fileadmin|
uploads|showpic\.php|favicon\.ico)/ - [L]

    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l
    RewriteRule (\.html|/)$ /index.php