[TYPO3-english] COA inside another COA - is it a wise thing?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sun May 16 23:23:06 CEST 2010

bernd wilke wrote:
> temp.footer = COA
> temp.footer {
> 	10 = HMENU
> 	10 {
> 		special = directory
> 		special.value = 123
> 		:
> 	}
>
> 	20 = TEXT
> 	20.value = © 2009-
> 	20.noTrimWrap = | ||
>
> 	30 = TEXT
> 	30.data = date:U
> 	30.date = Y
>
> 	40 = TEXT
> 	40.value = by Pi-Phi-Productions
> 	40.noTrimWrap = | ||
>
>     	wrap = <div class="footer">|</div>
> }

I noticed this part. The simpler version is easier to read for me and
costs less resources too:

20 = TEXT
20 {
	data = date:Y
	noTrimWrap = | &copy; 2009-| by Pi-Phi-Productions
}

> BTW: using this kind of TS I was able to build all sites without use of
> TV and/or templateAnalyzer and till now everyone new to one of this
> installations get comfortable with it in no time.

The real advantage of for example TV is the template selector in the
page properties and the FCEs you can build. But that's another story...

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert
msn: jigal at xs4all.nl