[TYPO3-english] Stock Photography, Image Shop, Large Gallery Sites based on TYPO3

Valery Romanchev romanchev at typo3lab.ru
Sat May 15 20:44:50 CEST 2010

Hi Andreas

> Has anybody experiences and links to websites based on TYPO3 which do Stock
> Photography and Selling/Uploading/Presenting Images/Videos or Larger
> galleries with upload functionality in the frontend.

We made some modifications and support job for TYPO3-based photo-site
http://vostock-photo.com/ in 2006-2007.

The web-site has nearly 500000 photos now.

There is no front-end editing on this site. Photos are uploaded by
special BackEnd module.

> What Extensions would you use for such a website. We thought about DAM and
> one of the shop or cart solutions. Which one would be the best?
> What DAM enabled Gallery extensions would you recommend?

I think no existing extension will be sutable for real life  Stock
Photos web-site. It should be custom development in any case.

I also do not recommend to use DAM as basis for this development - you
will have lots of functions, that you really do not need.

--
Regards,
Valery Romanchev