[TYPO3-english] Typoscript Crop property

ppraveenk praveen.penupati at gmail.com
Thu May 13 12:46:13 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am a newbie to TYPO3.
I find some difficulty in understanding Typoscript.
I have a requirement to crop the heading for a section based on certain
length.
I had referred to stdWrap Crop property, but I tried to use it in my
existing Typoscript, but was not able to achieve the required output.
Please refer to my typoscript code below:

  1.       subparts.mediaheading = HMENU
  2.       subparts.mediaheading {
  3.       special = directory
  4.       special.value = 12
  5.       1 = TMENU
  6.       1.NO.allWrap >

Where should I place the Crop property?
I tried different ways like simply using crop=20 | ... |1 after line 5 and
also by putting
subparts.mediaheading.crop=20 | ... |1 at the end etc.
I am not able to figure out. Someone who knows Typoscript might figure this
out in a minute.
Request you to please provide suggestions...hoping for some help.

cheers!
praveen.