[TYPO3-english] COA inside another COA - is it a wise thing?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue May 11 13:21:26 CEST 2010

JoH asenau wrote:
> please answer the questions - How would you do this without COA? What is
> unstructured and not easy to understand about it?
>
> myElement = COA
> myElement {
>     wrap = <div class="container">|</div>
>     10 = TEXT
>     10 {
>         value = blah
>         wrap = <h1>|</h1>
>     }
>     20 = COA
>     20 {
>         wrap = <div class="text image">|</div>
>         10 = TEXT
>         10.value = blah
>         10.wrap = <p>|</p>
>         20 = IMAGE
>         20.file = blah
>     }
> }

Joey,

When you look closely to this example there is only static stuff. The
only thing which needs procession is the IMAGE object. So the
minimalistic version could be:

myElement = IMAGE
myElement {
	file = blah
	wrap = <div class="container"><h1>blah</h1><div class="text
}

The whole exercise with the COAs, values, wraps, etc. does not add
anything to the functionality and only uses various resources.

But of course you meant that all the 'blah' parts would be external
data, etc.; I think this is what Dmitry meant by "too generic".
The only time I would produce the complicated variation is in case of a
demo version where the dynamic data isn't there yet..

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert
msn: jigal at xs4all.nl