[TYPO3-english] COA inside another COA - is it a wise thing?

Riccardo De Contardi riccardo.decontardi at bhuman.it
Tue May 11 10:49:53 CEST 2010

> COA gives you a much better code structure and is easier to understand,
> because it uses the same numbered structure as the PAGE object. It works
> just like a div container or maybe even more like a fieldset in HTML.
> I really can't see what would be "less structured" and "harder to
> understand", when using a COA this way:

Of course I agree... I don't think that there would be a reduced
understandability of code.
So, apart from understandability (it's a matter of tastes (*)), my main
goal was about using resources in a more efficient way

Dulepov pointed out:
>> - it takes more memory to hold of these objects
>> - it takes more stack
>> - it takes longer to parse

I understand; but let me rephrase my question like this:

is it better (for performances) to have a lot of "typoscript object path"s
in Templavoila DS or having a smaller DS and more COA objects defined in
TS?

Thanks to everyone for your opinion!

(*) In latin: "de gustibus non disputandum (est)".