[TYPO3-english] Localization problem

Victor Livakovsky v-tyok at mail.ru
Fri May 7 13:45:25 CEST 2010

> I have set up multiple languages on a site.
>
> I also have a TS script generating images from the pageheader files list.
> In my default language that is working, but when switching to anoter
> language the images is disappearing.
>
> How can I have this image in all languages without using the info module
> to upload images for every language?

Hi.

Have a look at config.sys_language_softMergeIfNotBlank at TSref.

Here is an example form a documentation:
config.sys_language_softMergeIfNotBlank = tt_content:image ,
tt_content:header
This setting means that the header and image field of content elements will
be used from the translation only if they had a non-blank value. For the
image field this might be very practical because it means that the image(s)
from the default translation will be used unless other images are inserted!

So, you may try:
config.sys_language_softMergeIfNotBlank = page:media