[TYPO3-english] Print Friendly TemplaVoila page with global caching

Marc Petralito koma666 at me.com
Wed May 5 11:33:48 CEST 2010

Hi there,

We have a subtemplate for one of our main TemplaVoila templates to
display a printer friendly version of our sites ("Render Type: Printer
Friendly"). The print preview is basically the content + a header image.
When deactivating the caching (config.no_cache=1) everything works fine
with the print (a new window opens using the templaVoila print template).

As soon as we activate the cache, the printlink still opens a new window
but with the normal page (from the cache I assume), not the print
friendly version. Although we have used the &print=1 and no_cache=1 for
the print link.

Is there a way to use global caching and at the same time take the right
template?

Kind regards,

Marc Petralito