[TYPO3-english] which extension for complex fe_user-edit in FE? one step forward

bernd wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Tue May 4 16:13:22 CEST 2010

Am Tue, 04 May 2010 11:25:14 +0200 schrieb Rik Willems:

> Hi Bernd,
>
> I'm looking for exactly the same thing but don't have a solution. Yet...
> See my post about fe_adminLib. This library is put in practice in
> t3references. It works but is pretty old. And has some drawbacks as
> Jigal describes.

I'm still using only meta_feedit yet

>> - meta_feedit
>> I started to evaluate this extension, but got lost in the big heap of
>> configuration. I have some doubts wether it is possible to solve my
>> problem, but will try with repeated reading of the manual. a big plus:
>> build in is a listview with a search  I also need. I have not found
>> yet: is it possible to enable fe_users to edit only their own record?

first results:
it is possible to restrict edit for a fe_user just to his own record!

I still have not found:
- how to jump direkt into edit for the user-record? I have to use a
listview with just one record to start en edit-popup-layer

- can I show a single record with all fields without edit (detail-view)?
a listview for all records including nice search-options is possible,
with pagination and additional link-generation for each record (at least
I can build a single view by myself and generate this link to my plugin)
but I would prefer to use the build-in preview for single records.

stay tuned :-)

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html