[TYPO3-english] 'negate' menu item if 'media' is empty

Victor Livakovsky v-tyok at mail.ru
Tue May 4 13:10:15 CEST 2010

Hi, members of a list.

I have a menu, which shows an image, set in 'media' field of a page as a
part of menu item. And those pages, that doesn't have any images in 'media'
field shouldn't appear in menu. I partially achieved this with such TS:

lib.imgMenu = HMENU
lib.imgMenu {
  1 = TMENU
  1.NO {
    allWrap = <div class="imgEntry">|</div>

    beforeImg {
      import.data = field:media
      import = uploads/media/
      import.listNum = 0
      height = 134
    }
    beforeImgLink = 1

    # disable wrapping of item
    allWrap.if.isFalse.field = media
    allWrap.if.negate = 1

    # disable link text
    stdWrap.if.isFalse.field = media
    stdWrap.if.negate = 1
  }
}

This works good, but I'm still getting: <a href="menu/item6.html"></a>
for a pages with empty 'media' field.

I tried to play with doNotLinkIt, since it has stdWrap properties as well,
but I can't get, how can I pass 'true' to it, when 'media' is empty. I'll
appreciate any hints.
Or, maybe, there is another way to disable menu item?