[TYPO3-english] fe_adminLib

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue May 4 08:51:54 CEST 2010

Rik Willems wrote:
> In my search for an easy to use frontend form editing extension I came
> across the fe_adminLib which is supplied with TYPO3. It shows much
> resemblance with sr_feuser_register.
>
> How suitable is this library for usage? The well know t3references
> extension uses it, in a way that I need it. FE users can add records to
> their profile and edit these.
>
> Would something like this be possible with sr_feuser_register as well?
> Since this extension is maintained, more recent and probably i little
> bit easier to use.

fe_adminLib is part of the core and thus maintained as well.

direct_mail_subscription for example uses fe_adminLib; in fact, it
consists for a large part of configuration of fe_adminLib. That is also
the reason why this extension from 2006 can still be used today.

sr_feuser_register is in many regards similar to fe_adminLib, but added
the feature of admin-reviews among others. It also uses an MVC structure
for the code, which unfortunately has a few side effects (complicated
code structure, data is copied all over the place) and -- like
fe_adminLib -- relies on JavaScript for correct form handling (not only
for data evaluation!) (web guidelines...).
Handling of TCA-fields is very limited in sr_feuser_register (I don't
know about fe_adminLib).

Just my EUR 0.02 ;-)

--
Jigal van Hemert