[TYPO3-english] which extension for complex fe_user-edit in FE?

bernd wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Mon May 3 17:27:45 CEST 2010

I have extended fe_user with some fields with multiple fields including 4
MM-relations to other tables(!).

Now every fe_user should be able to edit his record and I don't want to
programm it all anew.
I looked for extensions which would enable this with feedit.

First: what is 'feedit'?

some extensions use 'feedit' as 'a logged in BE-user can edit records in
the FE'
some extension use 'feedit' for 'take the TCA-declaration and build up a
form to edit records for any/ FE-logged-in site-visitor'

I need the later one.

for feedit I found these extensions:

- cwt_feedit
needs REGISTER GLOBALS to be turned on: I don't know any up-to-date-
configuration with this setting :-(

- mth_feedit
needs BE-user?

- meta_feedit
I started to evaluate this extension, but got lost in the big heap of
configuration. I have some doubts wether it is possible to solve my
problem, but will try with repeated reading of the manual.
a big plus: build in is a listview with a search  I also need.
I have not found yet: is it possible to enable fe_users to edit only
their own record?

- feeditadvanced
no manual :-(

- pixe_feediting
needs BE-user?

and some others which seem to be to old or to special to be usable.

I appreciate some feedback.
- wether my rating of any of these extensions is wrong
- are there some other extensions
- other solutions?
- is there no other way than programming it anew?

thanks
bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html