[TYPO3-english] Cooluri: How to build two path parts out of one DB-entry

Jan Bednarik info at bednarik.org
Sun Mar 28 20:24:48 CEST 2010

Hi,

> I first of all tried it with
>          <to>SELECT CONCAT(hotelTown,'/',hotelName) FROM user_hotels WHERE uid=$1</to>

the result is sent through urlize which substitues characters that are
non a-z0-9[andsomemore] with -.

> but this produces mydomain.tdl/subpage1/hotelTown-hotelName

so that's the reason.

> but this produced, strangely enough mydomain.tdl/subpage1/hotelName/hotelName

1 parameter, 1 result. You cannot store 2 values under 1 key in array :).

> now I ended up sending the same uid twice (uid1=uid2):
> this works fine and gives the desired mydomain.tdl/subpage1/hotelTown/hotelName
> BUT!!  It's really clumsy!
> Does anybody know a better solution?

No until you will be able to tell which characters should be replaced
with '-' in URL. And that's not something I've got in the upcoming version.

Regards

--
Jan Bednarik
www.bednarik.org - web about Typo3 in czech