[TYPO3-english] extensions compatible with new TYPO3 version?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 27 17:15:53 CET 2010

Bas Heutink wrote:
> I upgraded my website to TYPO3 4.3.2. Now I checked before all of my
> extensions if they are compatible with TYPO3 4.3.2. Should I (1) always
> check all extensions by hand in the TER, or is there an easier way? And
> (2) what if nothing is said about the compatibility of a certain
> extension with TYPO3 versions in the TER?

Extension authors can set a compatibility range (allong with
dependencies and conflicts) for PHP, TYPO3, etc. Not all do that however.
The version history (also available from the Extension Manager) is an
indication. If a version was published after the release of 4.3.2
chances are that it is compatible. If there are versions prior to that,
compatibility with earlier versions is also likely.

On the other hand, extensions from 2006 might be compatible with 4.3.2
if they use proper TYPO3 API calls and these calls were not removed
since that time.

--
Jigal van Hemert.