[TYPO3-english] Typo3 BE login security

bernd wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Fri Mar 26 21:42:45 CET 2010

Am Thu, 25 Mar 2010 23:46:27 +0100 schrieb Pero Matic:

> Georg Ringer wrote:
>> Am 25.03.2010 22:02, schrieb Pero Matic:
>>> Yes, but 12 character strong passwords ie. *j8j_2^%!-Jh are sience
>>> fiction for normal users. Personaly i hate too to enter such crap
>>> which i can't remember and i'd hate to force users for such a hasle.
>>
>> No problem. Just use something you can remember like
>>
>> IwNfTd***PbIiSc
>> = I will never forget this d*** password because it is so cool
>>
>> or use something like
>> wrap=mypwd|123
>>
>> or IloveC2H6O
>>
>> so many possibilities you will never forget
>>
>> Georg
>
> Georg, this is fine for us - computer geeks, but we are not normal...
> users ;-) Normal users are blonde secretaries, nurses, layers etc., they
> have pink,yellow,green fishes on their win desktop and they like to give
> human readable passwords. I feel sorry to force such people to enter
> some 12 chars puzzle so i'm trying to secure things all other ways i
> can.

For my clients I use passwords like
<word-initials><word-length> combinations like

'my first experience with TYPO3' => 'm2f5e10w4t43'

or in combination with one special-char:

'my first experience with TYPO3' => 'm2+f5+e10+w4+t4+3'

or you could combine it with the name of the editor:

'John Q. Public from nowhere inc.' => 'J4+Q1.P6+f4+n7+i3.'

nice to remember (or at least to deduce) and with(!) special chars

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html