[TYPO3-english] choosing typo3

Tonix (Antonio Nati) tonix at interazioni.it
Fri Mar 26 09:35:52 CET 2010

Dmitry Dulepov ha scritto:
> Hi!
>
> Tonix (Antonio Nati) wrote:
>
>> What about version 5.x? We still want to use TYPO3, but we have the
>> feeling V5.x will break the most of features we use.
>>

> Yes, it will. I must tell that currently I have no plans to switch to
> v5. I will stay with v4 as much as I can (or as much as I can keep v4
> running) and then find something else. While I am ok with v4 being
> technology–oriented, I do not accept the same for v5. World moves on,
> and I strongly believe that a new technology–oriented CMS is not what
> this world wants. So I am going to find something else if v4 ever dies.
> If I can't find it, I'll invent it for myself using all good sides of v4
> and usability knowledge that I gather for a long time already. That's my
> view these days (probably, first time expressed openly).

This is my actual position too. I agree with your statements.

> There is always a choice. You can stay with v4, go with v5 or find
> something else. Just choose what you like best. It is a free world with
> lots of options available. v5 will be good for some guys (especially,
> geeks). Personally I am out of geek's way forever. But you choose your
> way, you do not have to take anybody else's way, be that mine or not :)

Dimitry, I always stay on my way.

I developed already my CMS, working very well but lacking of course
extensions (actually http://www.interazioni.it/opensource/ is still
using my CMS, going to switch to TYPO3 nextly). Then I discovered TYPO3,
and found it has the most of features I needed at that time. I solved
also all problems of speed, setup, etc. Extensions are easy to write.
Complex sites are easy to setup.

Now, I'm afraid to see the development of TYPO3 is going far away from
customers/developers needs (my needs at least), just oriented to
technical exploits.

But I'm tired too to reinvent the wheel each time... and I'd love to use
TYPO3 V4 as base for a professional CMS.

If someone wants to speak about a fork, I'm available.

Tonino

        Inter at zioni            Interazioni di Antonio Nati
   http://www.interazioni.it      tonix at interazioni.it