[TYPO3-english] choosing typo3

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 09:19:43 CET 2010

Hi!

Tonix (Antonio Nati) wrote:
> What about version 5.x? We still want to use TYPO3, but we have the
> feeling V5.x will break the most of features we use.

Yes, it will. I must tell that currently I have no plans to switch to
v5. I will stay with v4 as much as I can (or as much as I can keep v4
running) and then find something else. While I am ok with v4 being
technology–oriented, I do not accept the same for v5. World moves on,
and I strongly believe that a new technology–oriented CMS is not what
this world wants. So I am going to find something else if v4 ever dies.
If I can't find it, I'll invent it for myself using all good sides of v4
and usability knowledge that I gather for a long time already. That's my
view these days (probably, first time expressed openly).

There is always a choice. You can stay with v4, go with v5 or find
something else. Just choose what you like best. It is a free world with
lots of options available. v5 will be good for some guys (especially,
geeks). Personally I am out of geek's way forever. But you choose your
way, you do not have to take anybody else's way, be that mine or not :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member Read more @