[TYPO3-english] choosing typo3

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Mar 25 19:54:03 CET 2010

> Am 25.03.2010 19:23, schrieb Tonix (Antonio Nati):
>> What about version 5.x? We still want to use TYPO3, but we have the
>> feeling V5.x will break the most of features we use.
>> So, we are going to develop new extensions using "old" methods, but
>> we are upset for the future we see.
>
> Of course 5.x will be brand new and of course this means that many
> things will break. IMO everything will break. Nevertheless 4.x will
> still exists next to 5.x. Furthermore just because 5.x exists nobody
> says that you can't use 4.x anymore!

Actually I think that many developers will stay with the 4.x branch as a
base for future improvements, just because they don't care about the
sophisticated concepts of FLOW3 and don't want to learn completely new
stuff. And after taking a look at a few hundred thousand installations
worldwide I guess they will still find a lot of clients to do business with.

And last  but not least: V5 ist still far from being a stable release for
professional usage ;-)

Just my 2 cents

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian