[TYPO3-english] choosing typo3

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 17:29:03 CET 2010

Hello,

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 8:34 AM, Dmitry Dulepov
<dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Christopher Torgalson wrote:
>> I'd be interested in what you think are Drupal's limitations too Dmitry.
>
> Drupal does not support hierarchical pages as far as I know. We have a
> project with 7 sites that are cross–linked and nearly 20000 pages. These
> pages move from time to time and TYPO3 updates links automatically.
> Would it be possible to organize that efficiently in Drupal (tree and
> link updates)? If no, it is a major limitation to me.

The answer is 'it depends'. If you're talking about e.g. dragging an
entire 1000-page branch of the page tree from one parent page to
another, then TYPO3's by far the better option as far as I know. If
you're talking about ongoing movement of single pages, you should be
able to manage this in Drupal too.

This is one of the specific reasons I mentioned that I prefer the
TYPO3 BE and page tree (along with the list module): the ability to
run bulk operations on content in Drupal is not a part of the core
(though there's a Drupal module for doing just that that potentially
provides even more flexibility than the current incarnation of the
List module [1])

[1] http://drupal.org/project/views_bulk_operations

--
Christopher Torgalson