[TYPO3-english] choosing typo3

Stefano Cecere scecere at krur.com
Thu Mar 25 16:58:05 CET 2010

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 14:57:13 +0100, g4b0 <gabriele at brosulo.net> wrote:

> Which are the Drupal limits? I'm in the delicate process to choose one
> or the other, and now I'm pernding in Drupal direction...

i can tell you what i like in Drupal that TYPO3 hasn't:

- a native and full supported Taxonomy (ie: tags/category) system
- multilanguage: you can have a page NOT in the default language first
(since it works with "nodes" to which you attach other things
- a native and full supported content model types (without using
kickstarted + extension, you can modify / add content models on the fly)
- more advanced "front end user" registration and functions
- all these lot of german speaking/writers people ;)

all things anyway that are on the way to be developend in next TYPO3
versions (and 5)

what still make me stay in TYPO3 (and comapred to Drupal precisely):

- separated Backend with huge possibilities (i hate Drupal all frontend..
Drupal 7 is a bit better)
- easiness to modify _everything_ (with hooks, exts, typoscript.. you just
have to know where to put your hands) and don't worry about that next core
update
- different ways (usually at least 2 professional ones) to do things
- to know that things are starting to go in a better direction for the
future.. as Dmitry says: don't bury TYPO3 yet :)

ps: today if something can't be done easily/nicely with TYPO3, i search
how to integrate it with external apps.. like you want to give your
editors the best UI possibile? create a Wordpress backend for editors
work, then import the articles into TYPO3!
want a good ecommerce? use Magento/CS-Cart/waht ever you want, and easily
integrate it with TYPO3

hugs!

   Stefano Cecere
   krur.com - multimedia company