[TYPO3-english] choosing typo3

Tonix (Antonio Nati) tonix at interazioni.it
Thu Mar 25 11:12:07 CET 2010

Sebastian Kurfürst ha scritto:
> Hello Tonio,
>

>> TYPO3 looks going to lose any professional attribute in the long term.
>> Development is focused  on pure technology, not on analisys of
>> professional features.
>>
> TYPO3 is making great leaps forward also in terms of usability, not only
> developer features. A great inspiration to see the general direction of
> TYPO3 is the talk on the TYPO3 User Interface of the last conference:
> http://typo3.org/teams/usability/t35ui/
> Of course, until now, we focused a lot on developer features, as we need
> a stable and mature API, and want to make sure the developer has fun
> creating things with TYPO3 as well.
>

>>    * transparent integration with graphics tasks. Now you can ask your
>>      graphic to make an HTML template which can be integrated in TYPO3
>>      in 1 minute. With next versions it will be impossible.
>>
> I guess you are hinting at the way TemplaVoila works today, and that
> templating in v5 will be based on Fluid -- which adds additional markup
> to the template.
> While this is certainly correct, we *will* definitely have some kind of
> wizard (like the TemplaVoila mapping wizard today), which can be used to
> transform a HTML page made by a graphic designer to a Fluid template;
> and after the graphic designer adjusted the template, we'll make it
> possible to re-generate the fluid template.
> Of course we know that many big agencies work like that, and we want to
> support them.
>
> In my view, this will enable the best of both worlds: People who like
> fluid, can work directly in fluid, and the others can just use the
> wizsrd to build the pages.
>
> Details how this wizard will work are currently being planned.

We do advanced graphic with base TYPO3 features.
We don't use TemplaVoila at all, and we have no intention to add useless
and expensive wizards (speaking about computing resources) code.

It looks like TYPO3 development is only interested to add tons of code,
despite of code semplicity and wasting of resources.

The concept of code over code over code is wrong in our opinion, if it
does not lead to "real" advantages.

FLUID is a big step back, regarding a lot of points:

    * TDD (Technology Driven Design). It is not DDD, and makes a lot of
      confusion about DDD. It mix visual development with data handling.
    * breaks any cohoperation between graphics and code developers.
    * add more and more useless code

Tonino

>>    * easy and fast caching system. Next caching system is considered a
>>      lot more slow than actual. Only a pure exercise.
>>
> While it is correct that some facets of the new caching system are
> slower than the current one, rest assured that we are taking all needed
> steps to speed that up. In fact, the FLOW3 team has just created an
> additional caching backend which will be used for the dependency
> injection cache, speeding it up tremendously (just as an example).
>
> I personally have no doubts that TYPO3 v5 will not only deliver great
> developer features, but also a great usability and it will do that fast :-)
> As somebody being involved in FLOW3 and v5, my feeling is that we are
> not only creating a great CMS, but the great concepts will raise the bar
> quite a bit :)
>
> Greets,
> Sebastian
> PS: You are invited to come to the next TYPO3 community event, either
> the T3CON10 in Dallas, or the Developer Days in Hamburg, and then we can
> talk face-to-face about your concerns :-)

        Inter at zioni            Interazioni di Antonio Nati
   http://www.interazioni.it      tonix at interazioni.it