[TYPO3-english] choosing typo3

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 10:56:37 CET 2010

Hi!

Tonix (Antonio Nati) wrote:
> TYPO3 looks going to lose any professional attribute in the long term.
> Development is focused  on pure technology, not on analisys of
> professional features.

Your statement is valid, such danger exists but I hope it is going to
change soon. Until now TYPO3's direction was always to show all the
power of features, it was never usability or better user experience.
However I have hope that it will change soon :) This will require a
serious shift in many coredev views but it is a necessary step.

So don't bury TYPO3 yet ;)

> What TYPO3 does not now and will not do in next version?
>
>    * transparent integration with graphics tasks. Now you can ask your
>      graphic to make an HTML template which can be integrated in TYPO3
>      in 1 minute. With next versions it will be impossible.

Remember, it is Enterprise level CMS. Such CMSes will never be that
easy. You better stick to "simple cms" if you need 1 minute up and
running :)

>    * easy and fast caching system. Next caching system is considered a
>      lot more slow than actual. Only a pure exercise.

The reasons for this is that developers of this system does not have a
good goal. Their goal was ideal framework, not usable framework. I hope
they realize this now and try to shift to a more realistic approach. We
should not blame them because they created a very good foundation on
which we can build better code.

First solution is never the best one.

--
Dmitry Dulepov