[TYPO3-english] Redirect for restricted pages if not logged it

Christian Lerrahn (Cerebrum) christian.lerrahn at cerebrum.com.au
Wed Mar 24 02:07:50 CET 2010

Hi,
I'm trying to get my head around the options I have for redirecting
access to restricted pages if the visitor is not logged in as an FE
user.

I know that there are the options

config.typolinkLinkAccessRestrictedPages
config.typolinkLinkAccessRestrictedPages_addParams

[MENU OBJECT].showAccessRestrictedPages

My understanding is that the former is supposed to modify internal
links to restricted pages for non-authenticated visitors while the
latter makes sure that restricted pages are still shown in the menu
even if the visitor is not logged in (i.e. not allowed to view them).

Now, the first thing is that I set the former and it didn't seem to do
anything to my RTE links. They aren't modified and when I click them,
they lead to the homepage. What am I getting wrong here? My TS looks
like this:

config.typolinkLinkAccessRestrictedPages = 123
config.typolinkLinkAccessRestrictedPages_addParams =
&return_url=###RETURN_URL###&pageId=###PAGE_ID###

The second thing is that I'm wondering if there is also a way of
telling the core that whenever someone hits a page that does exist but
is restricted, the visitor should be redirected to the login page and
redirected back to this page once logged in. The difference between
this and what the typolink... property does is that the links would not
changed and could e.g. be emailed out to work regardless of the
recipient being logged in already or not.

Cheers,
Christian