[TYPO3-english] tracking visitors of certain domain

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4many.net
Tue Mar 23 10:01:36 CET 2010

--- Original Nachricht ---
Absender:   Katja Lampela
Datum:       23.03.2010 09:46:
> Hi,
>
> We have a site where there are many domains that are all redirected to
> the main domain and we track the visitors with IcsAwstats.
>
> Now there will be a campaign which uses one of the other domains
> (redirecting to the main domain)  and we would like to get some
> information of how this campaign is working by tracking how many
> visitors come to the site with this particular domain.
>
> I couldn't figure out how to do it with IcsAwstats. Do you know if this
> is possible with any existing statistics tool?

Working with referer is always a problem as in many cases this will be
switched of.
The question is how you redirect to your main domain?

Rewrite?
Rewrite on campaign-domain to main-domain/campaign-path which not exist.
Rewrite on main-domain campaign-path to existing path.

Link?
Same as above but instead of first rewrite linking to the non existing path.

Advantage: will also work if JS is disabled or Google-Analytics is
blocked ;-)

--
docendo discimus