[TYPO3-english] Hook for tt_news: processDatamap_afterDatabaseOperations

Bert Hiddink [BENDOO e-work solutions] hiddink at bendoo.com
Fri Mar 19 21:29:41 CET 2010

Hello,

I am writing a hook for tt_news and using the core function
"processDatamap_afterDatabaseOperations"

	function processDatamap_afterDatabaseOperations($status, $table, $id,
&$fieldArray, &$reference) {

			$title = htmlspecialchars(strip_tags($fieldArray[$confVid['Field']]));
			$description =
htmlspecialchars(strip_tags($fieldArray[$confVid['FieldDescription']]));
			$tags = htmlspecialchars(strip_tags($fieldArray[$confVid['FieldTags']]));
			$video =
htmlspecialchars(strip_tags($fieldArray[$confVid['FieldVideo']]));
			$this->blip($title,$description,$tags,$video,$confVid);
		}

	}

Strangly enough, the vars $title, $description and $tags do return me
the values of the fields 'title', 'bodytext' and 'keywords' from the
tt_news-table (these are mapped through Page TSconfig). However, the var
$video which is mapped to 'news_files' of tt_news, does not return
anything. The procedure I followed for all vars was the same.

Is there some restriction to certain fields for
"processDatamap_afterDatabaseOperations" or for &$fieldArray?
The field "news_files" is just an ordinary text-field in the DB. No clue
why this does not work.

Any ideas? Many thanks in advance!

Regards,
Bert