[TYPO3-english] Get image data without actually showing the image

jochem nabuurs jochem at roquin.nl
Wed Mar 17 10:00:20 CET 2010

Andreas Kießling wrote:
> Hi Jochem,
>
>> I'd like to remove the "page.234 < .." part but then the image object
>> isn't available (or something like that) and with it, the lastImageInfo
>> data.
>>
>> What I'd like to know is how to access the lastImageInfo object of the
>> generated image, without having to output the actual image as a HTML
>> element.
>>

> You need to use IMG_RESOURCE instead of IMAGE. It will give you just the
> path to the image / generated image + fill the register
> lastImgResourceInfo with information about dimensions etc (but of
> course, only if the IMG_RESOURCE is placed somewhere on the page)
>
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/4.1.0/view/8/7/
>
> referencing to ->
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/4.1.0/view/5/2/
>

> To be complete: http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/TSref/getText :
> TSFE:lastImgResourceInfo|3 contains the path to the (scaled) image file
>
> Greets,
> Andreas

Dear Andreas,

Thanks for your reply. For the record:

You stated that i need to use IMG_RESOURCE instead of IMAGE and
lastImgResourceInfo instead of lastImageInfo, but they both work.

You also stated the following (which is more interesting) :

" ... only if the IMG_RESOURCE is placed somewhere on the page)"

My question was, that I'd like to know is how to access the
lastImageInfo object of the generated image, without having to output
the actual image as a HTML element.

I'm guessing that you're saying that this is not possible and that I
allways have to output the image with something like

page.234 < temp.headerImage

Kind regards