[TYPO3-english] Translating TYPO3

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Tue Mar 16 15:10:56 CET 2010

Hi All

I found 2 Extensions to translate those language files in TYPO3

a4n_edit_locallang
llxmltranslate

Which one would you recommend to use, what are there specific benefits?

*Second Question:*
We are going to translate and finishing most of the CORE files!
How do we proceed.

   1. Installing all features of TYPO3 - all SYSEXT extensions
   2. Installing the new language through extension manager  - Translation
   Manager
   3. calling the tool and translating all files step by step
   4. all files we edited get saved in l10n
   5. HOW DOES THE TRANSLATED INFO GETS NOW INTO THE CORE??? Whom do we send
   the typo3conf/l10n folder with those translated infos?
   6. The Extension files from typo3conf which we translated get send to the
   developers of the extensions - is this right? So they only need the info
   from the typo3conf/l10n folder???

Please help to get the right way going and we won't waste time in doing all
this stuff.

We will start with TYPO3 4.4.alpha2.

Thanks a lot

Andi