[TYPO3-english] realurl 1.7.0 - page can't be displayed anymore!

Daniel Rutzen d.rutzen at email.de
Mon Mar 15 17:02:39 CET 2010

I was trying an update from 4.2.x to 4.3.2 today.
The update went fine, so I was about to update extensions.

I started with realurl, because the frontend gave a lot of errors
regarding this extension.

I used the ext manager to look for newer versions and updated realurl.
There were some new database tables or field updates which I allowed.

Now, after the update is completed, I am not able to view front- or backend!

Firefox tries to connect to the server (localhost) and after a few secs
it says something like this:
"The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading"
(I have a german system, but I beliebe this is the coresponding message
in english).

How can I resolve this? As I said, I can't get into the backend either.

This here is my realurl_conf.php which worked great before
(maybe it needs to be adjusted?!?)

<?php

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl']['_DEFAULT'] = array(
         'init' => array(
             'enableCHashCache' => 1,
             'appendMissingSlash' => 'ifNotFile',
             'enableUrlDecodeCache' => 1,
             'enableUrlEncodeCache' => 1,
			'emptyUrlReturnValue' => '',
         ), //end init

         'redirects' => array(), //end redirects

         'preVars' => array(), //end preVars

         'pagePath' => array(
         'type' => 'user',
         'userFunc' =>
'EXT:realurl/class.tx_realurl_advanced.php:&tx_realurl_advanced->main',
         'spaceCharacter' => '-',
		'segTitleFieldList' => 'alias,nav_title,title,tx_realurl_pathsegment',
         'languageGetVar' => 'L',
         'expireDays' => 30,
		'rootpage_id' => '1',
		), //end pagePath

         'fixedPostVars' => array(),  //endPostVars

         'postVarSets' => array(), //end postVarSets

         // configure filenames for different pagetypes
         'fileName' => array(
		'defaultToHTMLsuffixOnPrev' => 1,
		),  // end fileName

); //end