[TYPO3-english] Tca and "select" translations

MantasK programuotojas at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 13:55:10 CET 2010

Hi all,

I have some issues with tca and "select" type translations.
If I add translation to an item at the bottom of select original text is
shown. What I'm missing there:

1. All texts are shown in select, but I want only current language items
to be shown. I can do this by adding this code:

'foreign_table_where' => 'and my_foreign_table.sys_language_uid =
###REC_FIELD_sys_language_uid### ORDER BY...'

But with this code I can have an issue if there is no translation for
the item entered in default language.

2. Translation isn't selected automatically. If I use code from 1,
option with "Invalid value("int")" appears in the select and that item
is selected, not translated item associated with it.

3. Also I want to make some of selects to be automatically synchronized
(if a change is made in one of languages it also has to be made in other
ones).

Is it possible to implement these things?

The other thing I cannot find how to implement is how to add "disabled"
to select? Basically I want to enter it through TSconfig.

Thank you.
Mantas