[TYPO3-english] special characters like ö [solved]

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 13 23:14:10 CET 2010

Mark Smith wrote:
>> 102: These fields are not properly updated in database: (bodytext)
>> Probably value mismatch with fieldtype.
> I fixed it forcing typo3 to utf-8, now working perfectly.
> In the install tool:
> [SYS][UTF8filesystem] = 1
This is not really necessary in most cases, but it doesn't hurt anything
if the filesystem supports utf-8...

> [BE][forceCharset] = utf-8
Don't forget the
['SYS']['setDBinit'] = 'SET NAMES utf8;'
This will set the communication with the database to use utf-8 (yes,
it's "utf8" in the set names command; that's the way MySQL calls it).

--
Jigal van Hemert.